A 501 (c) 3 non-profit created by parents of special needs children, Katie's Place is named in memory of Katie Whitlock, a much loved young lady who passed away in 2006.
Katie's Place is a Community Day Support Program that operates five days a week in the Downtown Roanoke area. The long term goal of Katie's Place is to provide support for those who desire to live and work on their own one day while continuing to offer Day Support for those who live at home.
- Work in a local community garden
- Help care for animals
- Make and create sell-able crafts and art
- Learn valuable skills including cooking, laundry and cleaning
- Participate in the community based activities such as volunteering with Straight Street and other local non-profits
- Determine their own social activities, including visiting their local library
Funding is accepted through Medicaid Waiver programs and private pay. Full time and part time options are available.